Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oh, suits you sir!

There’s been much talk about attire for the big match on 14 November.

I still don’t think you can beat the Maori Army approach quite superbly demonstrated by Ash and Jeremy in the Thursday, October 15, 2009 “All Whites! Maori Army!” post below.

I also like the rather cunning Sheikh, Rattle and Roll approach modelled by Colin “Have you ever seen Dundee” Cook in the photo below. A reader writes: “The Bahrain players will be so confused seeing all these “Princes of Persia” yelling for the All Whites that their heads will quite simply explode.”



If you’re not keen on the above then how’s about a “Spirit of ’82” angle. You know, dust off your Naranjito t-shirts (as modelled by a youthful Ooh Aah Rufer below) or dress up as your favourite ’82 All White – I’ve included a few (eerily similar) portraits here.

Failing all that, add a bit of credibility to the occasion by wearing your Kingz strip (first season baseball strip, infamous fifth season Chelsea shirt etc). I know I’ll be holding up my vintage Football Kingz scarf – the original Stantiall production with the sticky screenprint!

No comments:

Post a Comment